West Technology Forensics provides worldwide training, installation and support of the highest quality.
West Technology Forensics runs its own R&D programs as well as collaborating with a number of key research institutes
West Technology Forensics are dedicated to providing a support service for all of our customers, and other VMD users, should you need help with a particular exhibit or substrate type.
We can support customers with the following:
- Substrate support and applications
- Sequential processes – i.e. VMD, CA and Dye Stain
- Imaging techniques for developed VMD fingerprints
- VMD fingerprint enhancement techniques
Our experienced and knowledgeable training instructors provide full training on the operation of VMD systems and the processes involved. We offer a range of onsite individual/group training packages as well as the option of training at West Technology’s modern training facility.
Bespoke packages can also be arranged to suit the customers’ exact needs.
Typical training consists of the following:
- Operating Procedures
- Handling and Processing Techniques
- Types of Metals and when to use them
- Processing order - VMD vs. traditional processing
- Types of substrates that should be considered
- Preventive Maintenance Procedures
- Troubleshooting Procedures
- The basics of High Vacuum Engineering
Research and development is a key aspect of West Technology Forensics business. Our modern Applications Laboratory is managed by Eleigh Brewer, an experienced forensic scientist.
Eleigh recently completed a two year research project into the forensic VMD process. One of the outcomes from the research is detailed knowledge about the optimisation of the VMD process for specific substrate types and we offer dedicated application support to all of our VMD customers.
Eleigh is actively involved in collaborating with a number of key research institutes, to include the Home Office Centre for Applied Science and Technology, Abertay University and the University of the West of England. If you are interested in collaborating with West Technology Forensics please contact us.
The research and development team are also engaged in rolling research projects that consider all aspects of the design of our VMD systems with the aim to further improve and optimise them for use in forensic and fingerprint laboratories.
- Secure remote support and diagnosis
- Local support in over 50+ countries worldwide
- On-going support and servicing
- Remote software upgrades available